Basic Sock, Cuff Down Class with Peggy Young Saturdays, Jan 21st, 28th and Feb 4th from 10AM to 12PM
Weather you have been wanting to learn the basic sock or need a refresher after taking a break, this is the class for you.
Join us Saturdays, Jan 21st, 28th and Feb 4th from 10AM to 12PM to learn everything you will need to know to make hand knit socks. Lessons are broken into 4 sections which include a pre-class preparation. When you sign up on line you will get an email link with the instructions you need to fallow and complete before attending the first class.
- The first class will help you understand how to size your sock to fit your foot as well as set you on the road to the second class. Be sure to download the full instruction sheet. It will be sent to you via email as soon as you purchase the class.
- The second class turns the heal and creates the gusset
- The third class helps you shape and close the tow.
Materials needed for the class are one hank of sock yarn and a set of 9 to 10 inch circular needles. You may choose 1, 1.5, or 2 US needles. All class materials include a 20% discount. Double pointed are available too but not recommended if you have not worked with them before. (we can polish those skills in a different class)
This is an intermediate class which requires the fallowing skills
- You must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off.
- You should know how to slip, pick up a stitch, and knit two together.
This is an intimate class with only 6 spots available so don't hesitate to sign up!